Monday 28 November 2011

Ashish

A new label that has recently caught my eye is Ashish. I have to say I had never heard of Ashish before I noticed their  ski-wear range on the Topshop website, and of course, I searched some more of their collections.  

They have been around for 7 years, designing original and very "out there" peices that I can't think of any other designer to compare them to. Looking through their runway shows over the years, there is always a theme present, from cowboys and indians, to animal prints, to military theme.  

The A/W collection for 2011 caught my eye as it seemed to repressent the UK with lots of tartan prints and the union jack on different designs with a grunge twist...








Their collaboration with Topshop is a little more tame to suit the high-street market with this range of fashionable ski-wear...I usually hate wearing puffy, waterproof jackets, trousers, backpacks and other snow-wear because it's all  usually so unflattering.  However, even I would consider wearing this range with their quirky sloganed jumpers..they've definatley found a niche market for those girls who want to look fashionable on the slopes. 







Ashish's Spring/Summer collection for 2012 also looks interesting with a gardening theme including a lot of floral prints. Here's just a few pictures as a taster of what's to come next year!











Got a little bit of the Monday blues, but I've had this song in my head all morning..definatley getting me ready for the busy weekend ahead. Only 4 days to go...



Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment