Friday 11 November 2011

'tis the season...

A friend pointed out to me yesterday that it is now only 44 days untill christmas!! Anywhere under the 50 day mark and I begin to get excited and start my own personal countdown. Along with this excitement also comes the stress. The stress of buying presents for all of my friends and family, decorating the house, and the biggest stress of all...buying all my festive party dresses!

This time of year is always the busiest. There is the work night out, the family gatherings, the countless meals out and nights on the town with friends I havn't seen for a while...not to mention the new years eve party!!

So it is needless to say I will be aquiring quite a selection of party frocks for the festive season. Now I just have to choose which ones are worth breaking my bank over...


Miss Selfridge  £40

ASOS Collection  £250

Jack Wills  £89

Miss Selfridge  £39

Lipsy  £120

Topshop  £60



I had to post a side view of the bottle green cut out Miss Selfridge dress. I have to admit this picture doesn't do it much justice, but the cut out back looks fabulous when worn. As I work for Arcadia, it is incredibly hard to resits buying everything in Miss Selfridge and Topshop whenI know I can get a great discount so perhaps I should get shopping for my party dresses there this year!

Although the ASOS Collection cream strapless dress is more a dress for me to lust over but I absolutley love it. It makes me think of Swan Lake, which in turn, for some reason, reminds my of christmas. i find this dress very fitting for the season and can imagine me wearing it and looking like a snowy fairy. Now I just have to decide if it's worth bleeding my bank balance dry!!

I don't usually shop in Jack Wills, but I happened to notice this strapless tartan dress while bored, flicking through the Jack Wills catalogue at a friends house.  It reminds me of a dress I had when I was about 4 or 5 for a friends birthday party. The dress was identical except it had thick shoulder straps, and my mum made a matching dress for my barbie doll to take top the party with me. It was such a lovely dress I might just buy this dress for nostalgia.

Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment